Following our most sort of playlist, we decided to end 2020 on a good note with a new episode of "Liked By". This time, it features South London's singer-songwriter Dayo Bello. We explore his taste in music, inspirations and some gems through his likes on Spotify.
1. Are there any underlying themes for the playlist choice? If so, what is it and if not, is there a reason for the order of the tracks?
I wouldn’t say there are any underlying themes other than general ‘feel’: my personal taste. This list is a depiction of what has resonated with me recently. I ordered the playlist in this particular order because I believe a playlist should have an intentional flow/story that takes you on a journey rather than a random collage of songs put together. This order/flow takes me on a certain journey that I’m excited to share with others.
2. If you had to describe your taste in music with three tracks, what would they be?
Um. That’s a hard question. I couldn’t do that lol, as you can see through the list I’m in love with such a wide array of music. I’d say any song that touches my heart is my taste.
3. Are there any particular/standout tracks/albums that have inspired you previously or even for your upcoming projects?
‘Kind of Blue’ by Miles Davis is a huge inspiration to my upcoming music because everything he does in every song on the album is intentional. Every moment he plays, he says something. Not just anything. Being intentional is very important to me.
4. Was it hard putting together the playlist? If yes, what was the hardest part? If no, how did you start putting the list together?
It wasn’t hard as these are songs that are in constant flow on my phone. There were some songs that I haven’t heard in a while that I wanted to share with the world so they can hopefully enjoy it via reminiscing or first listen.
5. What was your favourite part about the whole process?
Listening to it at the same time as putting it together and thinking wow, I’m cold…I have nice taste haha.
6. One of our favourite album of the year has been “Rose in the dark” by Cleo Sol. We noticed you had “I Love You” on the track list. What are your top 3 albums of the year?
She’s amazing. So intentional. Um, I can’t come up with a top 3 but I’d say the three that I’ve been listening to a lot recently have been Wizkid ‘Made in Lagos’, Cleo Sol ‘Rose In The Dark’ and Brandy ‘B7’.
7. Anything else you’d like to to share or for us to promote...
Stay safe, find peace and live in it as much as you can and love yourself. It’s been a hard year for everybody. Hug yourself tighter, you deserve it.
Dayo Bello's Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/artist/41mwTkqJfMxPMbQmEdN2S2?si=G5hFuohrR3apIjT4-QffsQ